Call for Proposals
|The Institute invites your proposals for possible funding under the Startup Centre granted to the Institute as per the following schedule:
Welcome to Startup IIITDM Jabalpur
This initiative aims at fostering entrepreneurship and promoting innovation by creating an ecosystem that is conducive for growth of Start-ups. The objective is that India must become a nation of job creators instead of being a nation of job seekers.
What is a Startup
The Government of India has announced 'Startup India' initiative for creating a
conducive environment for startups in India. The various Ministries of the Government of India have initiated
a number of activities for the purpose.
To bring uniformity in the identified enterprises, an entity shall be considered as a 'startup' -
- Up to five years from the date of its incorporation/registration,
- If its turnover for any of the financial years has not exceeded Rupees 25 crore, and
- lt is working towards innovation, development, deployment or commercialization of new products, processes or services driven by technology or intellectual property;
Process of recognition as a 'startup'
The process of recognition as a 'startup' shall be through mobile app/portal of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion. Startups will be required to submit a simple application with any of following documents:
- A recommendation (with regard to innovative nature of business), in a format specified by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, from any Incubator established in a postgraduate college in India; or
- A letter of support by any incubator which is funded (in relation to the project) from Government of India or any State Government as part of any specified scheme to promote innovation; or
- A recommendation (with regard to innovative nature of business), in a format specified by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, from any Incubator recognized by Government of India; or
- A letter of funding of not less than 20 per cent in equity by any Incubation Fund/Angel Fund/Private Equity Fund/Accelerator/Angel Network duly registered with Securities and Exchange Board of India that endorses innovative nature of the business. Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion may include any such fund in a negative list for such reasons as it may deem fit; or
- A letter of funding by Government of India or any State Government as part of any specified scheme to promote innovation; or
- A patent filed and published in the Journal by the Indian Patent Office in areas affiliated with the nature of business being promoted.